Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lift the Flap Family Scrapbook

This is so easy and my kids LOVE it!!!
Go buy a lift the flap book.
(As a side note - lift the flap books can be hard to find. There's no 'lift the flap' book section at the book store. )
I prefer one with lots of flaps (see below) so you have space to add more pictures as your family grows.



Miss M. loves, loves, LOVES this book. She looks at it several times a day. This is saying a LOT because this little girl never sits still.

Anyway, all you do is cut random family pictures to fit under the flaps. Then just adhere them under the various flaps. I like to do all our extended family as opposed to just the immediate family. Though it might be fun to do one of just the immediate family and have them making different faces (happy, sad, etc.)


The awesome benefit of this (besides the fact that it keeps my little live wire still for a few minutes! :) is that even though we live far away from most of our family, my 2 and 4 year old both know all their family members.








3 comments:

Holly said...

Mine loved the book that you made for us. They loved being able to see those family members that didn't live near us.

Tina said...

I have wanted to make one of these for so long, ever since I first saw yours a few years ago. I really just need to do it and stop thinking about it.

Sherri @ Dude I Made It said...

What an ingenious idea! I love it. I'm such a sentimental girl, and I love projects that incorporate family pictures.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I am so inspired by all the creativity out in the blogosphere. :)