Friday, January 29, 2010

Dollar Store Picture Collage

I bought these at the Dollar Tree for an activity I did with the 8-11 year old girls at church. I had a bunch left over and I kept meaning to take them back, but just never could find the time. So, I started thinking about what I could do with them.
This is what I came up with.
It's soooo easy and I love how it turned out!




This is what it originally looked like. Actually not that bad, but I have grander ideas.





All you do is find some pictures that will fit and cut them to size. You can arrange them horizontally or vertically but be aware that the hanger only works if you do it vertically. You could try to move the hanger, but since I didn't try, I can't promise it will work well. I'm planning to buy one of those thingys you use for displaying plates for my horizontal collage.
Once you cut the pictures to size, all you do is modge podge them in place. I did one layer of Modge Podge horizontally over the pictures and then another vertically. It created a canvas like look that I really liked. Also, I accidentally cut the pictures a bit shorter than I'd meant to, but I liked the way it ended up looking kind of like tile! Serendipity happens too rarely for me!

And since I had so many of these left over I was able to make some for all the grandmas. And for just a buck and some change! Can't beat that!


2 comments:

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

So cute Wendy! You are so creative...I hope to be brave enough to try at least one of your ideas :)

Tanner said...

Cute, Cute!!! I'm excited to see more!! xoxox!! Me :)